Since I've studied mostly in Germany, most writeups of mine are in
German. If you happen to understand German, you should take a look at my German university page.
Research Project: High Bit Rate Quantum Key Distribution Systems
The focus of this project was mainly on data analysis for a
particular QKD system.
Other work included some experimental work to obtain data to test the
programs with, and work on the single photon sources.
Ballistic Transport of
Spin-Polarized Electron Beams in Mesoscopic Systems (pdf)
Quotes from Lecturers
These are quotes that I witnessed in lectures and I found noteworthy
- "Physics is Mathematics plus Dimensional Analysis" --
Wherrett, 6. March 2007
- "That's no rocket science, because it's much harder than rocket
science" -- Ian Galbraith about Density Functional Theory, 28th Nov.
- "They don't like one each other, they are like anti-social people"
-- Ian Galbraith about the repulsive coulomb interaction between two
electrons, 15th Nov. 2006.
- "It's hard to get 3 less than 3 unless you're a politician", Ian
Galbraith, 4th Decemeber 2006
- "Electrons are like Students: They like to be in the lower energy
state" -- Ian
Galbraith, 7th November 2006
- "This method got us 90% there. Well, actually 50%±40%" --
Dr. Kevin A.
Prior 2nd November 2006
- "... infinite being centimeters" -- Dr. Kevin A.
Prior 27th October 2006
- "I assume ε is a scalar, because life is too complicated
if I don't." -- Dr. Kevin A.
Prior 23th October 2006